All English subjects aim to develop students':
- skills in listening, speaking, reading, viewing and writing
- capacity to create texts for a range of purposes, audiences and contexts
- understanding and appreciation of different uses of language.
In addition, English aims to develop students':
- understanding of the use of language for communication
- appreciation and creation of sustained interpretive, persuasive and imaginative texts in a range of modes
- engagement in critical analysis and reflection.
Special features and programs
For more information, see the Earnshaw State College subject selection guides.
Click here for Junior and here for Senior.
Queensland Debating Union (QDU) competition aims at develop students’
confidence in public speaking. Students debate against other schools in
More information on Special features and programs can be found in the Clubs area here.