Enrolments at state schools occur continually throughout the year.
- Please contact or visit the main administration office via Earnshaw Road to collect a Prep-Year 12 enrolment pack, book a tour or or download the enrolment forms (1-8) found in the related links section.
- Return the completed enrolment forms via email or in person to the main administration office.
- Make an appointment through the main administration office for an enrolment interview with the respective Head of School.
- College policies are available on this page via 'related links'.
What to bring to the interview?
- Completed Enrolment Forms
- Your student's birth certificate.
- Your student's most recent academic report.
- Any other information relating to student's education needs (specialist reports e.g. speech language).
- Non-Australian residents should present their passport to allow school staff to sight and photocopy their current visa of entry.
What is discussed at the enrolment interview?
- Attendance Policy
- Responsible Behaviour Plan for Students – College Rules (responsible/respectful/safe).
- Student Dress Code.
- Media Permission / ICT Agreement and Technology Use.
- Booklists – stationery requirements.
- School levies.
Prep enrolment interviews are conducted in term 3 of the year prior to the commencement of prep. All children entering the prep year must have attained the age of 5 by 30 June in the year they enrol in prep. View Education Queensland's online calculator to determine when your child can commence their preparatory year.
Prep enrolments during the school year are treated the same as other year levels as above.
International Student Enrolment
Earnshaw State College welcomes students from The Queensland Department of Education trading as Education Queensland International (EQI) CRICOS Provider Code 00608A.
Student Resource Scheme (SRS)
The objective of the scheme is to provide a convenient and cost-effective way for students to access the educational resources necessary to enhance their learning experience at school. The Department encourages parents to participate in the scheme. Participation in the SRS is optional, and no obligation is placed on a parent to participate. Participation is for the duration of your child's enrolment at the school.
Student is new to the school.….
Parents are required to complete and return the SRS Participation Agreement Form when joining the scheme for the first time. If no participation form is received by the date of enrolment the school will take the view that the parent has chosen to opt out of the SRS. The parent is then required to provide the educational resources listed in the SRS for their child by the start of the school year. A parent can opt in or out of the scheme in subsequent years by completing another Participation Agreement Form.
Continuing student of the school…..
A parent's participation or non-participation in the scheme will continue as per their previously completed Participation Agreement Form. A parent can opt in or out of the scheme in subsequent years by completing another Participation Agreement Form.
If a parent has opted out of the scheme the parent is required to provide the educational resources listed in the SRS for their child by the start of the school year.
Please complete the SRS Participation Agreement Form as part of the enrolment process.
View additional information on enrolment in state primary, secondary or special schools on the department's Policy and Procedures Register website.